Monday, August 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Princess!

I can't believe my baby is two today! How in the world did that happen??? Everyday she says something new or does something new and I am blown away. Even though we have officially hit the "terrible" twos, I wouldn't trade them for a minute. They may be some of the most trying times, but they are also some of the most precious as Emma continues to become more of an individual each day. She may be stubborn (I'm sure she gets it from her father), but she has the a very tender heart as well.

There are times I get choked up- when I hear her say, "God bless you" when someone sneezes, or listen to her little prayers, or watch her care for her dolls so sweetly, or when she says, "I love you mommy" at night. I knew she would be receiving another doll for her birthday so I thought we would get rid of a few that we already have. I told her to pick out one doll to give to our friend's daughter who doesn't have any dolls yet. Emma willingly picked one out and we set it aside. Later that day, I was getting her out of bed after nap and she handed me her woobie and told me that was for our friend's baby as well! How sweet is that? I explained to her that was very nice of her, but she didn't have to give up her woobie too.

A few nights ago Emma came into the room, walked up to me on the couch and said, "Momma not cool"! Excuse me? When did my toddler turn into a teenager? I know I may be in for it when she's twelve, but that's a ways down the road. I look forward to every new day with our little princess. I need to remember to cherish every moment because they are fleeting. We may lose our temper and we may have meltdowns, but at the end of the day every ounce of time and love I put into this little person is totally worth (notice I said WE :) I'm not perfect and neither is she, but we make a great pair and I wouldn't trade her for the world.

Mommy and Daddy love you Emma Grace and we thank God everyday that He has entrusted us with your care. We pray that you continue to follow His path and that we are there to help nurture and guide you as you grow. Our love for you can not be put into words. Having you for a daughter has been one of life's greatest gifts- we can't picture life without you! We treasure the little glimpses we receive of the person you are becoming and can't wait to see what God has in store for you. Happy second birthday baby, we love you!

**I am having computer trouble... birthday pics to come**

No comments: