Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Fun

It has been super busy around our house the last few weeks. I have been busy with munchkins galore and Jason has been living in his office and the combine (or so it seems). We are trying to enjoy every moment of the unusually warm beautiful autumn days.

This is the entire motley crew that keeps our house bustling on Wednesdays!

Thankfully we've experienced some amazing Sundays as well, so we've got to spend some quality time with Jason outdoors too!


We took a trip to DeGraff Nature Center to add some leaves to our collection (see below) and walk on the trails.
As the leaves continue to fall, I find myself running out of places to put them. We collected a bunch to paint with and make place mats out of. I made piles for the kids to jump in. We raked some and threw them in the woods. Then I had an idea...

We made a pumpkin family!

Jason


Emma and I


We had a ton of fun stuffing the leaves into the clothes and setting them up. I think this will be a fun tradition to keep up over the years as our family grows and changes. We may even carve faces on our pumpkins in the future, but I think we'll leave them 'au natural' this year :)

2 comments:

Kim @ Life of a Modern Mom said...

Super adorable! I love the pumpkin family. DeGraff sounds like a great place to check out this time of year. Does it cost to get in? We've never been. :)

Jessica said...

Thanks Kim! DeGraff is free and open year round. Here's a link to their website with all the info:
http://www.cityofholland.com/degraafnaturecenter/degraaf-nature-center-contact-information

It's a great place to walk around and let the kids explore nature :)