Thursday, February 3, 2011

Stuck Inside

While I fully understand that I should be using my time snowed in for practical purposes, I have been struggling. I would much rather play with my little one, cuddle up with a good book or watch tv. In an essence, be lazy. Since Emma and I haven't left the four walls of our house since Monday morning to go grocery shopping and a quick trip to Katie's house on Tuesday night for a hair cut we've been going a little stir crazy. I think we were both really looking forward to attending MOPs this morning only to have it cancelled. Here's a few pics of what we have been doing to keep us busy!

We had to go play in the snow of course! Emma loved it and spent a good half hour outside before she decided she was cold. The snow was almost up to her shoulders here and she is still not even standing directly on the ground.

Standing by the huge pile of snow near our door. She loved to do belly flops into the snow, much like she does in the swimming pool :)

We also built a fort that she played in for over an hour until she "accidentally" knocked it down.

Thanks to Kim, we stole this idea and it was a huge success! I brought in a few tubs full of snow and filled the kitchen sink. We went through two pairs of gloves in an hour, but she had a blast.

Now I am running out of ideas... praying for school tomorrow! No hard feelings to all my teacher pals, but we need to get out of the house. We are supposed to have A and G- Emma needs some playmates her own age for a change!

1 comment:

Kim @ Life of a Modern Mom said...

Looks like so much fun! That fort is awesome! I'm glad she liked the indoor snow. :)