Wednesday, October 12, 2011

(Mostly) Mess Free Painting

While wandering the clearance section at Meijer- a dangerous place for me- I stumbled across some bingo markers on sale. I thought they might be a fun alternative to our typical finger paint. Emma was thrilled to get home and try them out.

We still took a few precautions, such as newspaper spread across the table and a paint shirt over our clothes. Once she got started it was hard to make her stop. She loved it! I even went back to buy some more colors :)


I have all kinds of ideas in mind for these in the future, besides playing an occasional game. I want to write out the letters of the alphabet and have Emma use the markers to follow the outline by dabbing around it with markers. I also have a large roll of plain white paper that Emma may have to turn into customized wrapping paper. If you have any other great ideas, please share!

No comments: