Monday, December 5, 2011

Mrs. Claus is Coming to Town

Every year we have an annual Christmas get together with my mother-in-law's side of the family. Due to the large number of people, we meet in a local school gym for pizza, snacks, games and a visit from someone special. Santa used to grace our group, but has since retired and we now have Mrs. Claus (aka Grandma Klein) visit instead. She reads a story to the kiddos and then passes out a gift for each child.

I know that Emma wouldn't fall for this gig forever, but I figured we'd have at least another year to figure it out. However, shortly after Mrs. Claus came out my daughter looked at her and said, "I thought Mrs. Claus was coming to visit us tonight". When Mrs. Claus responded, "Yes, that's me" Emma looked right at her and said, "No your not, your Brama Klein!" We told her she was wrong, but I'm not sure we convinced her. Guess there will be no fooling her next year!

No comments: