Sunday, January 22, 2012

Indoor Fun

With the cold temps outside and the inability to fit my big belly into snow attire, I have been working hard to find fun activities for Emma to do inside. We've spent lots of time crafting, painting and having fun. I've also been on the hunt for things to keep her occupied while I'm busy doing stuff around the house. With my due date only four weeks away, I have a large to-do list that I want to complete before then. I swear for every one thing I cross off, two more get added. How does that happen???

Here are just a few of the things we've tried out and they were a big hit. I'm hoping they still hold her interest when I need something to occupy her while I'm tending to her brother after he arrives.

This one is very simple, but works those fine motor skills. All you need are some pipe cleaners and a strainer. I was a little skeptical that she would actullay have fun with this, but she did.
She was very proud of her creation and wanted me to take pics of it to show daddy when he came home :)
This one she spent the most time playing with. I just put some rice in a 9x13 pan and gave her some stuff from her play kitchen to use. She played with it for almost an hour! I'm planning to get more rice at the store and have her do a scavanger hunt next time.
This project works fine motor skills as well as learning colors. I gave her a big pile of buttons and pipe cleaners and asked her to sort the colors and put them on the coordinating pipe cleaners. I wasn't sure how well she'd do with the sorting aspect since there was a variety of buttons in different hues, but she did really well. She was able to sort all the buttons into piles, but only completed three pipe cleaners- pushing those buttons on was a lot of work!

Do you have any great indoor activites for your kiddos? Please share!

No comments: