Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Just About Ready.... I Think!

With my due date looming in the near future, I have felt a major push to get things done around here. Since Emma was a c-section baby, my doctor said she won't allow me to go over my due date. Unless baby boy Klein decides to come early, his birthday will be February 17th. Only 16 days away- yikes!

I think I have been more productive in the past 5 days then I have been in the last month. His bedding and blankets, as well as all of his clothes, are washed and put away. At least for the first 6 months :)
Jason hung an extra rod in Emma's closet so we could move her clothes down to her level and make room for her brother's stuff.

I've deep cleaned beyond the typical dusting and vacuuming- taken apart the fridge, washed down walls, emptied and reorganized drawers, and got all the etches off my dishes (this has been driving me crazy for years!) The diaper bag and the hospital bags are packed.

Emma helped me get all of the baby paraphernalia out of the attic this weekend. My house has been over taken by stuff- swing, bouncy seat, bassinet, car seat. I'm trying to keep her involved so she stays upbeat about the changes coming soon.

I've also picked out birth announcements and have them almost complete. Just have to add the specific details of his birthday and a few photos. Emma's went out with the Christmas cards and she was born in August- I'd like to be a little more on top of things this time!

Overall, I'm feeling like our household is pretty prepared. Now if I can just get myself mentally prepared. I love this little boy and can't wait to hold him in my arms, but I know it's so much easier while he's still inside!

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

jessica klein! your anticipation and love for baby boy is so evident in your careful preperations. that sweet boy is adored already and we cannot wait to meet him! if you have any extra nesting, please come over. or just text me instructions on how to operate in such an organized and capable manner because you. are. amazing. love you!