Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cherishing Moment by Moment

Meet Gerrit. He is an average 11 year old boy, with a passion for legos, star wars, hunting and fishing. Eighteen moths ago he was diagnosed with a form of brain cancer called glioblastoma multiforme. He had surgery to remove the tumor, but required many chemo and radiation treatments. After a long battle Gerrit is now running with Jesus where he can stand on his own again.

The Baas Family
His dad works with Jason at Dykhuis. We have followed Gerrit's story closely over the last year and a half. The family's motto has been 'Everything beautiful in His time'. Their strength through this journey amazes me. It reminds me that not only are our children a precious gift given to us for an indefinite amount of time, but that we must lean on Him at all times.

Please join me as we lift up this beautiful family in prayer during the next few hours, days, and weeks as they transition to a new 'normal' where Gerrit is no longer in their arms, but in their memory. Be sure to hug your little ones close tonight for we never know what tomorrow may bring.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Beautifully written my dear...I continue to pray for Gerrit's family and am reminded of how very much I love my own children. <3

Love you!