Friday, May 18, 2012

In My Spare Time...

Yeah, I know. Free time- what is that when you are a parent??? I have always loved to read, but it has taken a backseat these days. It's hard to find time to get lost in a story when there are kiddos climbing on you, begging for your attention. Since I truly love to read I've been working hard to fit time into my schedule to crack a book. What better way to do this than to review books? It forces me to make time to read a book and gives me a deadline to complete it by.
Photo from Amazon.com
Thanks to Bethany House publishers who sent me a free copy of Chasing the Sun by Tracie Peterson. It is not required that I give a positive review, but to express my own opinions of this book. I was excited when I saw this author. I have read numerous other books by her and have yet to be disappointed.

Hannah Dandridge is a stubborn, strong willed woman who is left to care for her siblings and the family ranch during her father's absence. However, her father's business partner has his own ideas for the family, stirring up trouble as he goes. He offers to marry Hannah which would solve many of her problems, but she does not want to be forced into a loveless marriage.

When William Barnett shows up things become complicated. His family owned the property prior to the war and he has come home to claim what's his. The wounded solider is surprised to find the ranch occupied by Hannah's family. What follows is a captivating story of love, apprehension, trials and faith. Peterson does a great job developing her characters and you really find yourself rooting for the 'good' guys.

I highly recommend this book which is Book 1 of the Land Of The Lone Star series. I cannot wait until I can get a hold of Book 2. Finding time to read it is another story....

No comments: