Monday, September 3, 2012

Birthday Week Celebration

Growing up we didn't just do a birthDAY- we had a birthday WEEK. While the hubs doesn't quite get this mind set, I'd like to continue this for my kiddos. This doesn't mean we do something special every day. The birthday person gets to make lots of choices through out the week, from what to eat to what to do. We started out on Monday and took it right on through Sunday.

I had a parent meeting Monday night at Emma's preschool. While I was gone Grandma Jen had her hands full. Emma was a bit stressed out at the thought of school and gave grandma a run for her money. Upon my return we loaded up the van and headed for an early celebration at Chuck E Cheese.

Easton got in on the fun too

I don't think Nascar is in the future for these two...
On Thursday (her actual birthday) Emma made the majority of decisions for the day. We started off with a trip to Deanna's. This is the third year she's chosen to go there. They had a carnival going on which added to the fun.

She's a pro at Angry Birds, must be all that practice on Daddy's phone.
Easton enjoyed all the new toys to play with.
My little dancing dinosaur princess picked this ensemble out all on her own.
She choose 'Donalds for dinner, another tradition for her. We had that for lunch last year and dinner the year before. She's still not skilled in the area of fine dining, but she sure is easy to please!
Headed to dinner
Presents were a bit of a dilemma this year. We wanted to get her a trampoline, but were having a hard time finding one on Craigslsit. They were either junk or gone before I got a hold of the seller. Luckily I have a stash of random gifts for her and was able to wrap up a few to give her!

Friday we hit Neil's Dutch Village. I had a Groupon I needed to use up and I thought it would be another fun outing for the birthday girl before we headed to the doctors for her four year appointment and shots. I'm glad I didn't pay the full price for admission- Emma was really only interested in riding the carousel and the swings!
 
My little bundles of joy!
 

We finally forfeited the second hand trampoline plan, mainly because we were out of time and couldn't find one that fit the bill. On Saturday night we ended up at Wal-Mart at 10:00 at night to pick up a trampoline. I had checked several stores earlier in the day and had the one picked out that I wanted, only to find it wasn't available in the stores! It was a major fiasco, but after two hours of assembly in the dark we had one up and ready for fun by 1:30 a.m.

Sunday we had a birthday party for her. Emma would have invited everyone she knew and their neighbors if I'd let her, but we kept it to family. I told her maybe next year she can have a party with her friends over. We had 22 people as it was!

She chose an Olivia theme this year and I tried to incorporate that as much as possible without knowing anything about the show. We had a pork roast (thankfully Emma doesn't understand that aspect!), RED skin potato salad, a fruit salad with raspberries, strawberries and watermelon and roasted RED pepper dip with veggies. There was PINK lemonade and PINK punch.
 

 
Emma spent most of her time playing on her new trampoline. She had a blast, but after a long week she was exhausted by the end of it. Thanks so much to our wonderful family who helped out and made the day come together to celebrate our birthday girl!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I don't know what you're talking about...We so OWNED the road!