Thursday, March 14, 2013

Patiently Waiting...

A lot has happened to the Klein family in the last 6 months. We moved. Became landlords. Renovated a house- while living in it. Celebrated many first's with our baby Easton, including a birthday. And discovered we're expecting baby number three this summer!

I will officially be 5 months into this pregnancy come Sunday. The time has completely escaped me. I (finally) look pregnant and I can't say I'll ever miss that awkward in-between stage. The one that leaves people wondering, 'Is she preggo or just packing on the pounds?' For the longest time the only thing that reminded me of the tiny life growing in utero was morning all day sickness. AW.FUL. Thank goodness that's gone, another pregnancy side effect I won't miss.

With Emma, she was my first pregnancy. Everything was new and there were no other distractions. I still had morning sickness, minor aches and pains along with trouble sleeping. But there were no other kids at home demanding my attention. For the last few months of my pregnancy school was out so my main endeavor was solely focused on her.

It took two years for us to conceive Easton. After 3 years of raising Emma, I felt like I needed to reread my edition of What to Expect When You're Expecting all over again. I'll admit I didn't read it cover to cover this time, but I did feel like I needed a refresher. I tried so hard to cherish every moment of my second pregnancy because I thought there was a good chance it could be my last.

And now we're expecting baby #3... I'll admit I don't even have a clue where my book is. Many days I forget that I'm growing a life because I have two lives already that consume my days. That does not mean I'm ungrateful for the gift God is giving us. Apprehensive maybe, but not unenthused. My days are so full, I wonder how I can possibly be responsible for one more little person? I love mommyhood, but it sure is a lot of work!

Tomorrow afternoon we get to find out whether we'll be bringing another boy or girl home this July. I have a long list or pros and cons for each, but all I really want is a healthy little one. I know either way God has it all planned out. He already knows the how much you mean to us sweet baby. We can't wait to meet you- when you take your first breathe while you take our breathe away.

No comments: