Friday, May 3, 2013

Sweet Sanctuary


Photo courtesy of amazon.com
This was another new author for me- I love checking out new-to-me writers! The story is set in America during WWII. Lydia is a mom to four year old Nicky and she couldn't be happier with her role- until Nicky's drug-addicted father shows up and threatens to tear their world apart. Nicky's biological mother died during childbirth and Lydia is the only mommy he knows, but she has no legal rights to keep him away from his father.
 
Then Micah comes along, a former coworker of Lydia's who is instantly captivated by this sweet boy. Is there any way he can help keep the family together? Meanwhile he is struggling to run his healthcare clinic for immigrants while harboring a secret of his own. As a relationship between Lydia and Micah grows will they be able to overcome the challenges they are facing?
 
This was an easy read and I was quickly caught up in the story. I loved the development of characters and the ability to see them grow and change through out the novel. It was amazing to see the scarifies that were made, though difficult at times, to order to follow God's will. You can see His hand in many events that progress through out the story. A wonderful reminder to always trust Him!
 
Thanks to Bethany House publishers who sent me a free copy. It is not required that I give a positive review, but to express my own opinions of this book.

No comments: