Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Farwell 2013

Originally we had plans to party with friends tonight. As much as you can party with 7 kids under the age of six that is :) However, four of the seven kiddos became ill in the last 24 hours (2 of them being mine) so it looks like we'll be having a quiet night at home.

I picked up Chinese for dinner since we were supposed to be dining on pizza with our friends. I didn't have a back up plan for food and wasn't really in the mood to cook. We dined on blankets in the living room with sparkling grape juice while we watched 'Despicable Me 2'.

I would have loved to have more Pinterest worthy activities planned out for the kids but I just didn't have it in me. The past few weeks of shopping, planning, prepping and parties have left me feeling a little burnt out. I don't think my kids felt like they were lacking anything though.

Everyone hit the hay early, including the hubby. So here I am at 9:34 getting ready to hit the hay myself. That's right, we're not even staying up to watch the ball drop. And this year I'm okay with that. This season of life that were in can be rough at times. So we need all the sleep we can get.



But it also can be wonderful at times. Amazing even. I love our three little people more than life itself. I have an awesome hubby who works hard for us every day. We have a warm house to call home. Food in our pantry, clothes in our closets.

Thank you God for all the blessings you have given us. As we say goodbye to 2013 I want to say thank you for all the ups and downs that have brought us to where we are today. We are leaving this year behind with lots of memories and look forward to all the new ones we will be making in 2014!

No comments: