Sunday, December 22, 2013

Our Family Christmas

Tonight we celebrated just the 5 of us. This seems to be a common theme for me this year- I don't have many pictures of our festivities. Guess that means I have my hands full!

Our day didn't go quite as I had planned. Jason had a busy morning working and then he took Emma shopping. I wasn't planning to even do our presents today, but Jason mentioned it to Emma as a possibility and after that there was no turning back.

Originally I was hoping to load everyone up after dark with popcorn and hot coco and go check out Christmas lights. We haven't made many holiday traditions for our family yet. I thought this might be a fun one to start. No one else shared my enthusiasm.

Once we settled on opening gifts instead, everyone had to finish their wrapping. I haven't even completed my shopping yet. Jason's Christmas will just be spread out I guess. We separated to complete our tasks and then came back together to open presents.




After a few meltdowns, a couple time outs and a flurry of wrapping paper it was bed time. Expectations were high and attitudes were at an all time low. Not how I envisioned things playing out in my head. Hopefully after a good nights sleep everyone will be more cheerful in have morning!

No comments: