Saturday, April 12, 2014

Great Smokies Part 1

My mom and stepdad decided to head to Tennessee for spring break this year and the kids and I decided to tag along at the last minute. While the ten hour drive was a little intimidating, I thought it would be a great chance for some quality family time.
Ready to roll
 Overall, the kids did great on the way down. I mapped out all the McDonalds with playlands our route so the kids would be able to get out and run some energy off.
The view out our bedroom window
We stayed in a beautiful cabin up in the mountains. The drive in on the night we arrived was a little intense. In the dark the roads seemed very narrow, steep and winding. I wasn't sure I wanted to leave the house until it was time to go!

Obviously that didn't happen though :) We spent each day exploring different areas near by. The kids loved this store called 'Goats on the Roof' where they got to pedal food up to goats that were literally on the roof of the gift shop. Crazy tourist traps!

We also visited a friend of the family's son who is hiking the Appalachian Trail. He was taking a break at a hostel that wasn't too far from us so we met up with him and brought him loads of snacks. What an interesting adventure, I can't imagine doing such a thing.


 
More to come...

No comments: