Sunday, July 27, 2014

{Early} Surprise Party

We had a birthday party for my mom this weekend. It's only 3 months in advance. My mom came to our house on Friday under the guise that we needed a sitter so we could go on a date. This was simply a bonus- the hubs and I hadn't been out without at least one child along since Elissa was born!

Mom was under the impression she had to leave our house on time Saturday afternoon to get home for a dinner party that she was hosting at her house. Little did she know, as soon as she pulled out of the driveway, we hopped in our van and followed. Joe had her run an errand on the way home so we could get ahead of her to be there for the big surprise.
I think it worked! We had over 50 people show up to wish her a happy birthday. Some people, like my grandparents from Arkansas, traveled quite the distance to be in attendance. I can't think of many people more deserving than her to be showered with love. She is constantly giving of her self, so it was awesome to be able to give back to her.

Happy birthday mom!

*photo credit- Kera Cervoni Photography

No comments: