Tuesday, September 2, 2014

FiRst DaY of ScHoOl!

Emma headed off to her first day of kindergarten today. It was really quite bittersweet for this mama. On one hand I'm looking forward to the friendships being forged, the potential for learning and the independence being gained. Yet it's hard. Hard to watch your baby climb on the steps of that school bus without even looking back, ready for the adventure ahead. To give up another little piece of control. I'm inherently a control freak, which must be another reason God blessed me with three kiddos :P

I'm praying you have an awesome day sweet girl. That you enjoy every moment at school. May you not be scared knowing mommy loves you and Jesus is with you every step of the way. And if you see a fellow kinder who is unsure, I pray that you reach out to them. You are my little social butterfly and I know you have a way of putting others at ease. I'm so proud of you!

I look forward to getting you off the bus this afternoon and hearing about every.little.detail of your day without me. We'll be waiting!

No comments: