Sunday, November 23, 2014

Road Trip!


Jason decided the Commander *needed* a set of tracks, especially if this winter shapes up to be anything like last year. He found a set on Craigslist, but they were in Wisconsin. Turns out it was also time to get more food for the mink. Which we purchase in Wisconsin. We decided to load the truck up a make a very short mini-vacay out of it.

Friday night we hit the road, with the three littles snuggled in the back. They each had their own tv screen thanks to some dear friends who loaned us an extra set. Seriously, I don't think we would have survived without them! We didn't reach our hotel until late. Like 11:30 late. And miss Elissa is the most inflexible sleeper ever. So I stayed up for another 1.5 hours trying to get her to sleep while every once else had the chance to snooze.

Since it was a rough night, I sent Jason on ahead with the truck and trailer to get the goods. I called for a later checkout and did something we never do. Room service! What else was I going to do with 3 small children in a fancy hotel with no vehicle to leave?!? Thankfully, we use credit card points for all our hotel stays, so I was able to justify the outrageous cost of a plate of pancakes :) The kids enjoyed breakfast in bed while watching cartoons. Another first for them.

When they finished their food we threw on suits and headed to the pool. I had to get a few shots of Elissa in her adorable suit a friend recently handed down to us. It fits now, but I don't think it will last too much longer. Unfortunately after our little photo shoot, my sweet girl threw up all over the hotel room. Not sure if she was coming down with something or just indulged in too much breakfast. Needless to say, she sat on my lap and splashed in the water while her big bro and sis went swimming.

Jason returned shortly after we finished up at the pool. I had hoped to stop in Chicago on the way home, but everyone was cranky and tired so we decided to keep on rolling. Even though it wasn't much of a trip, it was a nice break from the traditional day to day grind.

No comments: