Friday, January 30, 2015

Modifications

Slowly, but surely we are still working on making our house a home. It's funny how long a process that can be when you have real life going on around you every day. Jobs, kids, laundry, meals. It all takes it's time and in turn takes it's toll. After two years I finally got the hubby to hang some valances for me. To his credit, they have only been ready to go up for about a year :)

Dining Room
 Entryway
 
He also installed my tack boards above our desks that my mom recovered. I love them!

After almost 10 years of home ownership I have learned a few things. There will always be something on your to-do list. Unless you build your home piece by piece from the ground up you will probably never be satisfied with every.single.detail. Even then, it will only last for a while. Styles change. Life with small children happens. Things need to be rearranged to fit your current season of life. And that's ok. As long as you are sharing it with the people you love!

No comments: