Monday, September 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Ol' Man!

Today we celebrate Jason's big 27! He feels like he's getting old even after many around him advise him that 27 is nothing. He is not into birthdays, especially his own. I know he didn't want me to make a big deal out of it. He came home from work, we met with one of our small groups from church and then he went back to work again.

I tried to explain to him why his birthday is an important day to me. It's a day to celebrate him. To remind us how lucky we are to have in in our life and be thankful for him- all that he is and all that he does. A day to honor him. Things that need to be done everyday in our household. I'll admit I am not always good at doing all of these things, so his birthday is one of those little reminders.

My family's tradition is to celebrate not only an individual's birth day, but the entire week. So I hope that Jason has an awesome birthday week filled with love, joy and laughter and he understands just how wonderful he is to his family. We love you babe!

No comments: