Monday, July 18, 2011

Just Bweathe....

Emma has learned this phrase from me- I often use this expression during meltdowns to calm her. It typically works. There are also times where she tells me the exact same thing. Calm down and bweathe mommy. I have been telling myself this very same thing for the past few days.


It's so hard to see your kiddo uncomfortable and in pain. I assumed after her surgery she would spend lots of time laying around dozing and watching tv. She did that on day 3 of recovery. Other than that, she has been a feisty little thing. I'm pretty sure it's a combo of pain meds and a diet of sherbet, popsicles, juice, jello and slurpees. The poor kid rarely has large amounts of sugar and now she might as well have a daily iv for it!

We can get through this. There is light at the end of the tunnel. In a few days I think I may have my bed to myself again, not to mention a full night sleep (I haven't seen that in almost a week). Pretty soon she'll be able to play and be herself again. We won't have to lay on the couch all day and watch the same movies over and over again. I'm not gonna lie it was fun the first day or so, but now it's lost it's luster.

Sorry, just had to rant a bit. I love my peanut and can't wait until she is back to her normal sweet self! The current bi-polar muchkin I'm dealing with can wait for another 10 or so years when she becomes a sullen and moody teenager :)


On the upside, we were able to take her to go see her first movie in the theatre yesterday and she loved it! Daddy wasn't as thrilled to sit through the new Winnie the Pooh movie, but Emma really enjoyed it. Luckily there were also only 5 other families enjoying the show with us, so her squirming went unnoticed. What better place to spend a summer day when it is 90+ outside?

No comments: