Sunday, July 22, 2012

Book #3

I just finished My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade; I had never heard of this author, but the cover and description persuaded me to give it a shot. I was pleasantly surprised and plan to keep my eye out for her future titles. This book made me laugh, it made me cry and I fell in love with the characters along the way.

Kate is a women in her early thirties who has given up on love. She takes a trip with her grandmother to restore a family home that has been around for many generations. Enter handsome, wounded Matt who has been hired to help with the renovation process. He's a former hockey player who keeps to himself. Kate realizes that he is hurting and tries to befriend him, whether he's interested in her friendship or not.

Through out the story Kate has to lean on God and listen to him when He speaks to her. She may not agree with His plan, nor understand it, but she obeys. I love her feisty character and the way she interacts with others. The author truly bring her characters to life. It was a nice change up from historical romance that you so often see.
Thanks to Bethany House publishers who sent me a free copy of My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade. It is not required that I give a positive review, but to express my own opinions of this book

No comments: