Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgivings

With three kiddos ages 5 and under many days fly by. Well, often in the moment they seem to creep. In reality though it's hard to believe I have a 5 year old! The past few months I have been reflecting on our daily grind and I'm working hard to have a more positive attitude.

I despise laundry most days. There.is.so.much. With 5 people in our house plus 2 in cloth diapers there is a never ending pile. As the amount increases, my gumption to do it plummets. Maybe because it seems like such a daunting task. Or the fact that I can never get ahead of it. As soon as the basket is empty, new items reappear. But how blessed am I to have 4 other people to provide clean clothes for?!?

I have the same attitude towards getting the dishes done. The repetitive cycle of fill, wash, empty drives me crazy. Yet I have a dishwasher to use. And the ability to make meals for my family. So many people go without, how can I possibly think of this as a *problem*?

Many mundane tasks that never bothered me before seem to feel like a burden these days. The reality of juggling three kids, a household and my sanity leave me at the breaking point sometimes. You can not obtain all three. Unless you have a live in maid and child care.

There have been days when Jason comes home and asks what I did all day. I simply look at him exasperated and reply, 'I kept your children alive!'. Enough said. The Lord is teaching me, through my sweet children, that there is no 'perfect'. I don't need to have a spotless house all the time. So what if my kids look like ragamuffins in public. They are happy and healthy.

It is more important for me to be present in their lives than for my floors to be vacuumed three times a week. I have been blessed with these sweet little people and I don't want to miss out over laundry baskets of clothes that need to be folded. Sometimes I find myself stressing more over the chore than actually getting it done!

Moving forward, I hope to look for the good in our everyday lives and be thankful for all we've been given. I am so grateful for my wonderful little family, today and every day.
Here is the *only* picture I captured on Thanksgiving. Looks like the food and festivities wore her out too!

No comments: