Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Crafts Aplenty!

Every Christmas I set a budget for us. It is so easy to go overboard during the holidays, so it helps keep me in check. This year, I tried to add more homemade items to the list. Now that all the gifts have been given, I can reveal all the projects I have been working on for the past month and a half.

My aunt and uncle are avid MSU fans, so I made this banner for them. My grandma used to be in interior design so she had all these wonderful fabric samples for me. All I did was trim, paint the letters and add rick-rack. This should fit right in their Sparty room.

With some help from Miss Emma, we also made some gifts for the grandparents. Grandpa Spence got a t-shirt.

Grandma Kirschner got a tote.

Grandma Klein received an apron. Emma loved being involved with the gifts and the grandparents love their keepsakes they can show off and use.


I also made ornaments. I started this tradition when Emma was born and have been asked to continue it. I buy glass bulbs at the craft store and then put a wallet pic of Emma inside with some sort of filler in the back- tinsel, shredded craft paper, etc. I forgot to take a pic of it this year and since the decorations are all packed away for the year, you'll just have to use your imagination on this one :)

I also gave out a lot of beer bread mix and flower pins. I'd share a pic of the flowers, but there aren't many left. I'm working on an Etsy shop though, so there will be pics soon!

No comments: