Sunday, October 27, 2013

Trick or Treating Take 2

Our second Halloween outing was to the Outdoor Discovery Center where Emma attends school. I wasn't dying to go, but the teachers talked about it a lot and Emma was pumped to go. Jason also said he would go with us so I figured we better take him up on the offer. He's never been trick or treating with us before so I knew we had to accept!






It was a little colder this go round, but the kids had a blast and Emma was excited to show off knowledge that she has gleaned thus far from the school year. Besides loading up on candy, the kids were able to get their faces painted, take a barrel ride behind the tractor, make s'mores and check out some of the wildlife that calls the ODC their home.




We spent the better part of 2 hours there. I was thankful for a warm van to climb into when we were done, that's for sure! I've now gone through the candy we've collected from both outings to consolidate and create a pile that can be donated to our church for their Trunk or Treat festivities. I'm sure the years I can do this are limited so I have to take advantage while I can!

No comments: