Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Little Sicky

My poor boy came down with croup yesterday. He was doing fine all morning until we were at a coffee date with some friends. Figures. I had no idea he was sick or I wouldn't have exposed other little peeps! He was running around the room playing and all of a sudden he came running to me, climbing in my lap. Through tears he told me he wanted to go home to take a nap. His breathing sounded off to me. So we loaded up. He was asleep before we left the parking lot.

Once home I wanted to hold him while he slept so I could keep a better eye on him, but he wanted nothing to do with that. He got worked up and his breathing got worse. After talking with the doctor's office, they told me to bring him right in. Everyone back into the car.

The doctor walked in the room, heard his breathing and declared we had our first case of croup. Since it was only 4:00 in the afternoon, she was worried how bad it may get by bedtime. She sent us straight to the ER to get a breathing treatment, some steroids and have him monitored for a few hours.

Can I just say sitting in an ER room for three hours with a two year old and a one year old is not fun?!? I brought in our dvd player from the car so Easton was happy to watch for a little bit, but all Elissa wanted to do was get down. The last place I wanted her playing was on the floor. Yuck.

Thankfully the steroids worked very quickly and we were able to go home a few hours later. Easton was not a fan of the breathing treatment so I pray we don't have to do that again any time soon! He slept well last night, with no flair ups. Can't say the same for mommy. Sick kiddos make me anxious! Praying he is over it soon and we don't have to go back.

No comments: