Thursday, February 6, 2014

No Longer a Wonderland

I have to say I'm sick of all this white stuff on the ground. And I got to miss an entire week of it! While we were gone the schools were closed all but one day due to the conditions outside and there was a winter warning or advisory every.single.day.

Jason spent several hours the day we returned trying to manage the snow piles around our house. He had to get a loader tractor with tire chains just to clear our main driveway! Not to mention the path he dug to the mink barn.

We've been home for almost a week now and it continues to snow and blow everyday. The temperatures don't even break 30 degrees around here. It wasn't until this past Wednesday that many of the back roads became two lanes again. The county had a loader out working every day to open roads up.

I'm ready for the snow machine to shut off and the sunshine to return. On the other hand, I'm afraid of all the flooding we'll have when it finally melts!

No comments: